How do you overcome adversity? How do you find the strength? How to you achieve it? Fortunately, there’s more than one path to overcoming adversity.
Advice on adversity is about movement forward, in any direction you can manage during times of struggle. I’ve compiled these nuggets of wisdom from notable people who have faced adversity and gotten to the other side. I hope that these quotes will provide motivation, make you think, or make you rethink your own notions on how to keep moving forward when it seems like you can’t go any further. Maybe you just need to go around, instead of through.
YOU GOT THIS!!!!
Quotes About Overcoming Adversity & Challenges in Your Life
1. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?” – Rumi
3. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
4. “Adversity introduces a man to himself.” – Albert Einstein
5. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life.”
6. “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.” – Helen Keller
7. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”
8. “It is your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
9. “Sometimes you have to be your own hero.”
10. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
11. “It doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger.”
12. “Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.”
13. “We’re stronger in the places that we’ve been broken.” – Ernest Hemingway
14. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
15. “Our original guiding starts are struggle and hope.” – Pablo Neruda
16. “Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” – Josephine Hart
17. “Adversity shakes the foundation of our character to see if what we believe and value is really worth standing for.” – Rae Smith
18. “It’s ok not to be ok.”